Steiner Learning Series:
Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way
Time 1:00pm to 3:00pm:
Informational seminar about wills and estate planning. Includes guidance to resources and reference services the library has to offer.
Presenter: Kevin O’Neill
Have you been putting off doing your will? Like most people, you probably think you don’t need one because you don’t own property or have a lot of possessions. But you need to plan ahead so you can make sure everything is taken care of the way you want it to be.
Everyone needs a plan and here’s why:
- Your loved ones. For peace of mind, you want to be sure that your family and friends are taken care of in the future.
- Distribution of your assets. If you don’t have a plan in place, the state will have one for you. When you’re deciding who gets what, a good plan can help avoid legal issues.
- Plan for your possible incapacity. If even a short-term disability, you need to make a plan to pay your bills and access your money. Planning ahead now prevents problems later.
- Protect against estate shrinkage brought on by taxes. Such as expenses of estate management including legal fees, and more. You’ve heard it said that nothing is more certain than death and taxes; proper estate planning will assist in minimizing the burden of taxation and estate administration.
- Consider your favorite charity. A gift through your estate plan allows your legacy to live on and reflects your personal values.