Have you joined your Friends of the Library? Library lovers are invited and encouraged to join the Friends of the Library group. We are dedicated volunteers who advocate for our library, raise much needed funds, sponsor programs and special events, and host the used book sales.
If you’re looking for the heart of any community, look no further than the local library. It’s the one place in America where the doors are open to everyone, whether you’re
- filling out an online job application or using resources to help you pass your job certification exams;
- sitting in a school library media center learning skills to prepare you for a lifetime of learning in our digital world or a grandmother learning to e-mail your grandson overseas;
- studying for college exams or living somewhere where the library provides your only access to education beyond the high school level;
- researching your past or looking for citizenship and a new home in America;
- the richest person in America, or someone without a home,
the library is there for you. It is America’s great equalizer, providing everyone the same access to information and opportunities for success.
Library volunteers play an important role as partners in the Library’s mission of connecting people to the world of ideas and information. We welcome volunteers who are eager to make a real difference in their community!
To learn more about volunteering with the Friends of PFPL, contact us at email@example.com or come to one of our monthly meetings held every 2nd Thursday of the month @ 7:00PM in the library.